Benefits of Watermelon Seeds: Watermelon is a non-waste product. Prepare delicious candied fruits from the shell, and the seeds are a useful treat. All parts of striped berries contain a lot of unique ingredients, but the seeds also represent nutritional value. 100 grams of seeds contain more than half of the daily requirement of protein and 85% fat. For a long time, people have been studying the benefits of watermelon seeds. Understand: the use of pumpkin seeds on the human body!
Composition of Watermelon Seeds:
Any seed is born and aims to create new life. The nucleus contains a series of important elements that can provide food for the fetus in the first stage of development. Therefore, in seeds, such as in a pantry, the active substance is collected in a high concentration. Under the solid watermelon shell, a grocery store closed.
Before you benefit from watermelon seeds, you should remove them from the husk. Therefore, eating watermelon meat while swallowing seeds is not useful. Can you eat seeded watermelon? No need, you can get obstruction and abdominal pain.
The energy value of the product is determined by the content of alkaline substances, these are protein, fat and carbohydrates. It is determined that in the standard part of watermelon seeds, they are presented in the following proportions.
- 1. The protein component is 30.6 grams, which is an essential amino acid for muscle mass, accounting for 61% of the body’s daily needs. Enter arginine, glutamic acid, lysine, and tryptophan. The calorie content of protein is 117 kcal.
- 2. The fat content is 51 grams, including 11 grams of saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, including Omega-6, which accounts for 84.6% of the daily requirement, which is 426 kcal.
- 3. A little bit of carbohydrates in the seeds is just 15.31 grams, which is 6.1% of the daily requirement of 61 calories.
Data shows that watermelon seeds are a high-calorie product, and 600 kcal is one third of those who do not participate in sports and heavy physical labor. However, watermelon seeds are valued for their useful properties of vitamins, minerals and the presence of biologically active elements.
Some B vitamins improve metabolism and affect the body’s metabolism, reproduction and brain activity. They are few, a fraction of a milligram, but a small amount of the catalyst is effective:
- Niacin – 3.55 mg – 17.8% of the daily requirement;
- Folic acid-0.058mg-14.5%;
- pyrodioxin – 0.089 – 4.5%;
- Pantothenic acid – 0.346 mg – 6.9%;
- Riboflavin – 0.145 mg – 8.1%;
- Thiamine 0.19mg-12.7%.
Each of these vitamins acts on a specific function of the body. Basically, they help convert the energy components of food into physiological processes. Vitamins improve the function of the nervous system. The effects of niacin are beneficial to the skin, hair and nails.
However, for the combination of trace elements, watermelon seeds are especially popular, and trace elements are not present in any product. Some metals provide standard parts of the body’s daily needs. Therefore, the seed coat contains minerals, so it is important to eat not only the core, but also the skin. This is the answer to the question about whether you can eat watermelon seeds.
|Element||Weight mg||D.%||Weight mg||D.%|
Zinc is particularly useful for the male body. He also stabilizes the immune system. If the hair begins to fall out, fatigue and diarrhea will occur, and zinc-containing foods should be included in the diet. The iron in plant products is not enough. You can get it from watermelon seeds, meat and fish foods. You need iron to make red blood cells in the hematopoietic system.
- As we all know, the fiber content of our digestive system is like a gatekeeper’s wiper. In watermelon seeds, the scavenger is hemicellulose, which is softer on mucus than ordinary fibers.
The Importance of Citrulline in Watermelon Seeds:
The benefits and harms of watermelon seeds depend to a large extent on the content of the amino acid citrulline in the product. This substance is contained in all the components of watermelon, but it is synthesized in the body. This substance is very necessary for the body. Therefore, biological additives are used to stimulate the heart activity of athletes to increase the effectiveness of men. It has been proven that the use of citrulin in foods or supplements:
- Reduce high blood pressure;
- Suppress sickle cell anemia;
- Normalize blood sugar.
However, in addition to the benefits of healthy people, the use of seeds for individual citizens may be problematic. Some people do not produce citrulline in their bodies. This disease is called citrullinemia and is caused by metabolic disorders. The metabolism of the incoming substance involves its conversion to arginine with ammonia-containing breakdown products. It is excreted in the urine and is irritating. This is the basis for the harmful effects of citrulline.
- In West Africa, watermelon seeds are a necessity for soup. In China, fried watermelon seeds are part of many condiments.
Based on the complex effects on the human body, the useful properties of watermelon seeds have not been proven:
- Patients suffering from citrullinemia;
- Due to the presence of protein and citrulline, pregnant women;
- Nursing mothers and children for up to three years;
- People with pancreatic disease;
- Patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes.
If this amino acid is found in the blood of a patient, then watermelon seeds are contraindicated. For people suffering from genitourinary diseases, the use of seeds in food should be restricted.
How to Fry Seeds Correctly?
Fried watermelon seedsWash and dry the dried seeds on a dry thick-walled frying pan for a few minutes, then darken. Dilute a teaspoon of salt in 50 ml of water, then extinguish the seeds in the solution until it boils. Shells need seeds.
- Use fried sunflower seeds as an insect repellent for preventive purposes and during diseases.
You can eat the dried seeds in the menu as a useful additive or as a snack. However, women find that this product has different uses. Sprinkle in flour composition and mix with medical clay to produce an effective purification process. The scrub results are easy, not traumatic, but effective.