Highest Paid Actresses in The World 2022: Two data stand out in the list that ‘Forbes’ has drawn up on the world’s highest paid interpreters in this atypical 2022. One, that with the coronavirus pandemic closing cinemas and delaying blockbuster premieres, the earnings of these box office stars have been reduced considerably. Up to 20% less money have been pocketed compared to the previous year. And two, that the bulk of the members of this list – except Angelina Jolie and Emily Blunt – have made most of their income from the small screen.
Highest Paid Actresses In The World 2022
In addition to drawing attention to the absence of figures such as Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Aniston.
1. Sofiia Vergara: $43 million
- Full Name: Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara
- Born: July 10, 1972, Barranquilla, Colombia
- Citizenship: ColombiaUnited States
- Occupation: Actress television Producer Presenter Model Businesswoman
- Years active: 1995–Present
Model and actress Sofia Vergara leads the list thanks to the $ 500,000 she received for each episode of the successful and recently completed sitcom ‘Modern Family’. He also gets huge benefits for being the image of several brands and a succulent salary as a jury for the program ‘America’s Got Talent’, a contract that guarantees him at least “10 million dollars per season”, according to ‘Forbes’.
2. Angelina Jolie: $35.5 million
- Full Name: Angelina Jolie Voight
- Born: June 4, 1975, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Citizenship: United StatesCambodia
- Spouse(s): Jonny Lee Miller
- Occupation: Actress, film maker, humanitarian
- Years Active: 1982–Present
Brad Pitt’s ex and special envoy to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees ranks second in a ranking in which she is already a veteran. His 2020 earnings come mostly from his role in ‘Eternals’, which is said to be the next great saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film was due to be released this year, but has been postponed until November 2021 for now.
3. Gal Gadot: $31.5 million
- Full Name: Gal Gadot
- Born: 30 April 1985, Petah Tikva
- Occupation: Actress, Producer model
- Years Active: 2004–Present
The one who was Miss Israel in 2004 has just released the second part of ‘Wonder Woman’. The global pandemic caused this premiere to arrive later than planned, but we have finally discovered what life is like for Diana Prince in this new stage of her life. In addition to a couple of television projects, this year the film ‘Death on the Nile’ has also been released.
4. Melissa McCarthy: $25 million
- Full Name: Melissa Ann McCarthy
- Born: August 26, 1970, Plainfield, Illinois, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress, comedian, producer writer, fashion Designer
- Years Active: 1997–Present
Since 2018, the ‘Gilmore Girls’ actress has risen five spots on the list, doubling her earnings this 2020. This year she has released two movies, one on Netflix and one on HBO, both directed by her husband, Ben Falcone. Next year we will see her playing Úrsula in the ‘live action’ version of ‘The Little Mermaid’.
5. Meryl Streep: $24 million
- Full Name: Mary Louise Streep
- Born: June 22, 1949, Summit, New Jersey, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress
- Years Active: 1975–Present
This great lady of interpretation has wisely managed to exchange her roles in the cinema for the most profitable ones on television in recent years. Thus, we have seen her show off in the second season of ‘Big little lies’ and also in the Netflix movie, ‘The Prom’.
6. Emily Blunt: $22.5 million
- Full Name: Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
- Born: 23 February 1983, London, England
- Citizenship: United Kingdom, United States
- Occupation: Actress
- Years Active: 2001–present
The winner of a Golden Globe in 2007 has participated in two successful productions during 2020: the second part of ‘A quiet place’ – written and directed by her husband, John Krasinski – and ‘Jungle Cruise’, a pending adventure blockbuster still in its premiere and directed by Jaume Collet-Serra from Barcelona.
7. Nicole Kidman: $22 million
- Full Name: Nicole Mary Kidman
- Born: 20 June 1967, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
- Citizenship: Australia, United States
- Occupation: Actress, producer
- Years Active: 1983–Present
Although he has reduced his volume of income compared to the 34 million he made in 2019, his participation with Meryl Streep in ‘The Prom’ and his success with Hugh Grant in the thriller ‘The Undoing’ for HBO, have ensured the presence of Nicole Kidman once again among the highest paid actresses.
8. Ellen Pompeo: $19 million
- Full Name: Ellen Kathleen Pompeo
- Born: November 10, 1969, Everett, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress Producer
- Years Active: 1994–Present
According to the magazine ‘Forbes’, the inactivity of the cinema due to the pandemic has made television actresses gain prominence. This is the case of the protagonist of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, who gains two positions in the 2020 ranking. And since her long-running series of doctors is in negotiations to renew for at least two more seasons, it is foreseeable that she will continue to appear often in this listing.
9. Elisabeth Moss: $16 million
- Full Name: Elisabeth Singleton Moss
- Born: July 24, 1982, Los Angeles, California, US
- Citizenship: American, British
- Occupation: Actor producer, Director
- Years Active: 1990–Present
‘The invisible man’ and the long-awaited next Wes Anderson film, ‘The French Dispatch’, are the two films in which the American actress who won an Emmy in 2017 for her performance in the series ‘ The Tale of the maid . ‘ The dystopia based on Margaret Atwood’s book has just been renewed for a fifth season.
10. Viola Davis: $15.5 million
- Full Name: Viola Davis
- Born: August 11, 1965, St. Matthews, South Carolina, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress, Producer
- Years Active: 1996–Present
Winner of the triple crown of acting – Oscar, Emmy and Tony – the protagonist of ‘How to defend a murderer’ sneaks into this list for the first time. He has just premiered ‘The mother of the blues’ on Netflix and in 2021 it will appear in the second part of ‘Suicide Squad’.