Jobs In Greece For Foreigners: Many Athenians work in tourism, but as the capital of Greece, this is of course also the hub of the Greek economy and administration. In this article we talk about jobs in greece for foreigners. From Athens you can reach the Greek islands and coastal resorts within a few hours. Glass-clear blue sea, beautiful beaches, friendly people and of course fantastically good food distinguish Greece.
Jobs In Greece For Foreigners
Greece is an absolute dream for tourists. Many of them come back every year. Others have decided to emigrate to Greece. While in recent years many retirees have moved to smaller Greek coastal towns for retirement, there are now many young Europeans who want to work in Greece for a few years. We show you how!
- 10.72 Million Inhabitants
- 348 Sunny Days,
- 2.45 Minutes of flight hours
Cost of Living:
- 1-room apartment: 492 US Dollars
- 1-person household: 738 US Dollars
- cappuccino 3 US Dollars
Average salary: 907 US Dollars(net)
Current Employment Situation in Greece:
Greece was hit hard by the economic crisis. Youth unemployment in particular caused young Greeks to increasingly look for work abroad or opt for longer studies. In the meantime, the rate has improved somewhat, but at 18.08 percent it is still not at the same level as before the crisis. Here, the unemployment rate was only 7.76 percent. (Statista.com) Therefore, anyone looking for a job in Greece as a foreigner should ask themselves: What do I have to offer that the Greeks themselves do not have? EU citizens and citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland do not need to apply for a visa or residence permit to work in Greece. Once you arrive, all you have to do is register with the local authorities.
These Professions are in Demand in Greece:
Since you can score points with the English language in Greece, The following jobs are particularly in demand:
- Customer Service Agent: Customer advisors with knowledge of English are always sought after in Greece. Athens is now one of the telesales hubs that attract large multinational companies. Together with other Europeans, customers from all over Europe are advised from Athens.
- Key Account Manager: As a Key Account Manager you have your own customer base, which you look after by phone and email. Usually this is an interface at multinational companies that also have sales representatives on site at the customer’s site. As a key account manager abroad, however, you usually take on the lead generation.
- Technical Advisor: As a classic telesales job, you help customers out of a jam with technical questions. No fear! In order to really help the customer, you will of course be trained by the company.
- Recruitment Consultant / HR Employee: it makes perfect sense to hire a English-speaking HR manager.
- Skilled workers: As in most countries, the typical skilled workers in the medical or IT sector are desperately wanted. But also craftsmen with a good education and first work experience can find a job in Greece.
For whom is a Telesales Job in Greece Worthwhile?
University graduates in particular can quickly find a suitable job and thus connection with a job in customer service. People with training are of course also gladly accepted, as they already have well-founded practice. Depending on the company, high school graduates are also employed. In some cases it can be an extended internship or a short training course.
With a telesales job, you shouldn’t forget that training takes place directly in the company. The actual prerequisites are good language and communication skills.
Well-known companies are behind most telesales jobs. A job in customer service can lay the foundation for another career. Because where else do you learn first hand what bothers customers and what questions they have about a service or a product? The multinational companies are also known for the fact that the training and further education offers are of the highest quality.
You improve your English almost by yourself. Greek and intercultural knowledge is also picked up. The name of a well-known company on the CV has already opened many other doors.
How do you find jobs in Greece?
To save taxes and costs, some companies have outsourced their customer service abroad. The salaries are lower here, but so are the cost of living. The incentive for such a position is the change of scenery in another country, the climate and the experience itself.
So there are always new jobs in Greece on the job exchange. International recruiting usually takes a little longer. So if you find a slightly older job advertisement, you should still apply because you can.
Living in Greece:
The climate and a good portion of vitamin D can put a smile on your face very quickly. Anyone who decides to live in Greece for some time will quickly make contact with the Greeks themselves and other Europeans.
Housing Situation and Cost of Living in Greece:
Like everywhere else in the world, the same applies in Greece: The most expensive housing is in the city. The Numbeo international cost of living calculator can be used to quickly calculate a few general costs. For example, if you compare Athens with Frankfurt am Main, Numbeo notes the following:
“You would need around 3,227.54 US Dollars in Athens to get the same standard of living that you can have in Frankfurt with 4,805.26 US Dollars (assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our cost of living plus rent index to compare the cost of living. A net income (after income tax) is assumed.”
Rent in Athens in particular is cheaper compared to other cities. According to Numbeo, a one-room apartment in downtown Frankfurt costs around 1.24 US Dollars, while it would only cost 469.978 US Dollars in Athens.