What Foods Are High In Calcium? Do you think you are getting as much calcium every day as your body needs? Check out the list of foods below and check if you shouldn’t include some of them in your diet!
Calcium is one of the essential ingredients for health. It is a mineral with relevant functions in our organism. If you get enough calcium, you can get the most out of daily activities and exercise.
What Foods Are High In Calcium?
In this article we will examine which foods contain the greatest amount of this hugely important mineral.
Foods High in Calcium:
The following is a list of some of the everyday foods that contain the most of this important nutrient.
They are usually obtained from raw milk, either skimmed, as butter, as quark or in other processing and presentation forms. This includes:
- Milk: It is one of the main sources of calcium, which is supplied to infants when they are breastfeeding . In addition to calcium, it also provides phosphorus and magnesium.
- Cheese: Arises from the ripening or thickening of milk. There are countless varieties that are typical of every culture.
- Yogurt: Obtained through bacterial fermentation of milk.
- Butter: It is made by whipping fat and milk, which forms a cream. It is also a very good source of energy, which is why it is recommended for breakfast.
Fish contains certain essential and very healthy components. For example, for good digestion before going to bed.
- Sardine: A blue fish that, in addition to protein, also contains large amounts of calcium.
- Salmon: One of the most nutritious fish, ideal after weight training.
- Anchovy: Usually eaten fried, grilled, or marinated in vinegar. It is also very rich in omega 3 and various vitamins.
In addition to their high water content and antioxidant properties, vegetables are also an exceptional source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Leaf lettuce: number one in the daily salad. Leaf lettuce is a perfect menu when paired with other spices that provide additional nutrients.
- Mangold: Although a lot of kids don’t like him at all, they’d probably love him from day one if they knew his health benefits.
- Spinach: Very effective for skin and hair care. It is also very helpful for asthma and diabetes.
Nuts and Dried Fruits:
They are great as a snack. You can also use nuts in salads or combination dishes. Almonds, hazelnuts, dried figs (dried fruits) and pistachios have the highest calcium content.
Legumes are an undisputed source of carbohydrates in a balanced diet. Therefore, they also make a great contribution to fiber. Because of their calcium content, soybeans, chickpeas, beans and lupins are the most important legumes.
Although algae are very high in calcium, you should still be careful. Some algae eaten in Asian countries are known for their toxicity.
- “Wakame”: According to traditional Chinese medicine, it is a blood purifier.
- Spirulina: A source of exceptional nutrients as it contains eight of the essential amino acids.
- “Arame”: Not only is it an incredible source of calcium, it also contains 190% of the recommended daily amount of potassium.
Herbs and Spices:
It is amazing that the products used to flavor some dishes have unique nutritional values. Of particular note are oregano, dill and thyme.
Functions of Calcium in the Body:
One of the main functions of this nutrient is the formation of bone mass. However, calcium is also important for the nervous system as it is involved in the transmission of nerve impulses. It also regulates the heartbeat so that the heart works optimally.
In addition, together with sodium, potassium and magnesium, it maintains muscle tension and prevents wear and tear and physical fatigue. Very closely related to the previous aspect, it works on muscle contraction. Therefore, calcium also helps with every natural movement in humans.
Finally, it is important to emphasize the strengthening of bones and the fact that calcium also strengthens teeth.
If you have enough calcium, your health will benefit
Ultimately, one must try to choose a diet that is rich in various nutrients without overeating or overeating. As you learn to consume the daily amount of vitamins or minerals you will see the health benefits of this.